Position: Test Engineer
The test engineer will work closely with other departments throughout the organization utilizing his or her engineering skills and background to execute all testing and reporting on NewAge and AdvantaPure products. The test engineer will also work closely with the Engineering Department to contribute to Engineering Projects, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Process all incoming non-routine test requests and conduct and report on them in a timely manner.
- Maintain an ongoing test queue visible to all departments so that lead times and workload remain transparent and up-to-date.
- Assist the Sales/Marketing and Quality Department with investigations into Suspect Material Reports.
- Retain test specimens in accordance with company policy to ensure compliance with internal test protocols.
- Continuously improve upon the Engineering Test Report template to simplify the recording of test data for future reference.
- Collaborate with the Marketing department and aid in efforts to distribute newly acquired or existing test data in product literature or in trade-shows.
- Develop working test protocols and work instructions for newly developed procedures required by the Manufacturing department for continuous improvement projects.
- Test all non-validated manifold connections in new and incoming quote drawings from the technical sales department.
- Effectively communicate progress of all quote drawings with the Mechanical Designer/Draftsman to ensure fluidity in quoting new products for customers that have been fully internally validated.
- Continuously develop existing test methods to improve upon protocols to save time and company resources.
- Maintain the inventory of test fittings, tubing and hose required to perform testing as per NAI's defined work instructions.
- Log and keep track of all test fittings and collars used for test purposes to continue saving resources on consumable items in the test lab.
- Work with the Purchasing department to acquire any and all materials required for approved tests to ensure minimal lead times to the requestor.
- Contribute to Engineering Projects as requested by Project Engineers, Project Managers, or Customer Solutions Engineers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 0 to 3 years professional experience testing product used in the pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- 0 to 3 years professional experience troubleshooting manufacturing issues and implementing corrective actions/preventative actions.
- Continuous improvement experience utilizing lean manufacturing tools is a plus
- Knowledge of injection molding and extrusion of thermoplastic / thermoset materials is a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- Experience in pharmaceutical or medical device industries is a plus
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to balance several projects and project tasks and meeting set deadlines. Excellent multi-tasking, problem- solving, and communication skills are a must.
- Good understanding of mechanical aspects of manufacturing processes
- Solid problem-solving ability, especially with engineering/manufacturing-based problems
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management and having exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- High level of organization and structure of work-related tasks
- Skill in technical writing and reporting
- Microsoft Office, proficient with Excel
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to address and solve mechanical problems
- Knowledge of cGMP's in medical device or pharmaceutical industries is a plus
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, quality systems, blue prints or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages ,ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and drawl valid conclusion. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific visual abilities required by this employee include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: NewAge only hires those who do not smoke or use tobacco or vaping products.
TOP OF PAGE
Be part of a growing DYNAMIC COMPANY with over 60 years of quality service and an industry leader in state of the art technology. Come work with us!
SEND RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
NewAge Industries, Inc.
145 James Way
Southampton, PA 18966-3817
Attn: Human Resources
Paste text directly into the email message body or attach Word, PDF, or plain text documents only.
NewAge Industries is an equal opportunity employer looking only for honest, ethical, highly-motivated team players to grow with us. Our positions offer a competitive compensation plan, with excellent benefits, including bonus (gainshare), medical, dental, life & disability insurance, tuition reimbursement program, paid holidays and vacations, and retirement benefits that include a pension plan, 401k, and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).