Silbrade® Braid Reinforced
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within the walls of silicone tubing
- Designed for elevated pressure applications
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -99°F to 350°F
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates; RoHS compliant
- Reusable and will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Excellent weatherability properties to resist UV, ozone, gases, moisture, and extreme temperatures
Beverage Service • Bottle Filling • Chemical Feeds • Deionized Water Transfer • Fermenter Lines • Hot Fill Lines • Food Handling • Laboratory • Resin Feeds • Stirring Vessels
Fittings & Clamps
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Liner
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Cover
Tensile Strength, psi
Elongation at Break, %
Tear Strength, Die B, ppi
Modulus at 100 %, psi
Brittle Temperature, °F
Max. Operating Temperature, °F
The construction of SILBRADE enables silicone tubing to handle increased pressure applications. SILBRADE offers outstanding resistance to temperature extremes and is made from raw materials that meet FDA requirements.
The flexible design and construction of SILBRADE also allows excellent bend radii and permits installation in restricted spaces without impeding flow.
SILBRADE, a peroxide-cured product, contains no sulfur or other acid-producing chemicals thereby eliminating the possibility of staining, corroding, or deteriorating other materials it contacts. It is also resistant to ozone and UV over long time periods.
Care is recommended in the selection of fittings and clamps, as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the hose wall and possibly cause a failure, especially at elevated pressures.
^SILBRADE may be low pressure steam sterilized in-line or autoclaved at up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. However, if exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
SILBRADE is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
|Part Number||Note||ID |
|Working PSI |
|2900457||.500 (1/2)||.800||.150||50, 100||141||Natural||17|
Cut coils are available; charges do apply — call for details.
Add length suffix to part number when ordering.
Example: 100 ft. of 1/8″ I.D. x .365″ O.D. tubing is part number 290 0072-100.
Working pressures are calculated from burst testing using a 3:1 safety factor. Application testing is recommended.
ID is the critical dimension for fittings application.
[B] Limited stock item; lead times and minimums may apply – call for details.
All custom products are subject to minimum order quantities and lead times. For other custom options, please contact us.