Medical Grade Braid
Reinforced Silicone Hose
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within the walls of silicone tubing
- Designed for elevated pressure applications
- Finished product meets USP Class VI requirements
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -99°F to 350°F
- Reusable and will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Manufactured under good manufacturing procedures in a controlled environment
- RoHS compliant
Biological Fluids • Blood Plasma • Cell Culture • Clean Room Applications • Food Processing • Laboratory Uses • Pharmaceuticals • Sterile Filling • Vaccines • More
Fittings & Clamps
- Thermobarb® FDA Polypropylene Barbed Y Fittings
- Thermobarb® Plastic Multi-Barbed Fittings
- Thermobarb® Brass Barbed Fittings
- Oetiker® Ear Type Clamps
- Kwik Clamp™ Nylon Double Bond Clamps
- Stainless Steel Worm Gear Clamps (Lined Only)
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Liner
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Cover
Tensile Strength, psi
Elongation at Break, %
Tear Strength, Die B, ppi
Modulus at 100 %, psi
Brittle Temperature, °F
Max. Operating Temperature, °F
SILBRADE MEDICAL’s construction consists of a core of silicone elastomer, an open polyester braid reinforcing layer, and a cover layer of silicone elastomer. Good manufacturing procedures, including lot traceability, are applicable to all Class VI ingredients. SILBRADE MEDICAL is a peroxide-cured product.
The hose’s smooth bore, coupled with its resistance to allow material to adhere to the tube wall, facilitates easy cleaning and system purging.
^SILBRADE MEDICAL may be low pressure sterilized in-line or autoclaved up to 250°F in a normal autoclaving cycle. If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually relax and become gummy. It should then be replaced.
Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps, as sharp barbed fittings or unlined clamps could tear into the hose wall and possibly cause a failure, especially at elevated pressures.
Peroxide-cured SILBRADE MEDICAL hose is supplied in individual, non-sterile, heat-sealed polybags and should be sterilized prior to use.
SILBRADE MEDICAL is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
A platinum-cured, braid-reinforced medical grade silicone hose is available. Minimum quantities apply; call for price and delivery.
|Part Number||ID||OD||Wall||Working PSI (at 70°F)||Colors||Weight (lbs/100 ft)|
Sold by standard coil length only (25 ft.). Add length suffix to part number when ordering. Example: 25 ft. of 1/4″ I.D. hose is part number 291 0334-25.
Working pressures are calculated from burst testing using a 3:1 safety factor. Application testing is recommended.
ID is the critical dimension for fittings application.
All custom products are subject to minimum order quantities and lead times. For other custom options, please contact us.