Cam Operated Couplings
Cam couplings, which are also known as cam operated couplings, cam and groove, cam lever, cam lock and cam fittings, consist of a two-part assembly involving a coupler with locking handles and a grooved adapter or insert. These parts are also known as female and male components. The fittings work by attaching the coupler component to the end of a hose and the adapter to another.
Cam couplings work best with heavy-wall hose made from materials such as flexible PVC, polyurethane or silicone. They’re typically not used with thin-wall hose due to their weight. The couplings come with barbed or National Pipe Thread ends. When using the barbed end style, the components must be attached to the hose with clamps.
These fittings are available in several universal styles, noted by type:
- Type A is a male adapter with a Female National Pipe Thread on the other end
- Type B is a female coupler with a Male National Pipe Thread on the opposite end
- Type C is a female coupler with a barbed end
- Type D is a female coupler with a Female National Pipe Thread
- Type E is a male adapter with a barbed end
- Type F is a male adapter with a Male National Pipe Thread end
- Type DP, a dust plug, is an adapter and fits inside a coupler
- Type DC, a dust cap, is a coupler and fits over an adapter
Air Conditioning Systems • Appliances • Automotives • Chemical Transfer • Compressed Air • Dispensing Equipment • Fuel and Oil Transfer • Grease Lines • Housewares • Hydraulic Lines • Instrumentation • Laboratories • Manufacturing Equipment • Paint Supply • Pneumatic Controls • Refrigeration & Cooling Systems • Well Pumps • Many More