Vardex® Steel Wire
Reinforced PVC Hose
- Spiral steel wire reinforcement incorporated within the wall of flexible PVC tubing
- Made from non-toxic ingredients conforming to FDA standards
- Kink and crush resistant
- Handles pressure and full vacuum (29.9 in./Hg.) applications
- Glass-like clarity with mirror-smooth surfaces provide outstanding visual flow characteristics
- Lightweight (compared to rubber hose) yet tough and abrasion resistant
- REACH compliant
Chemical Transfer • Conduit • Coolant Lines • Environmental Suit Air Feed • Floor Cleaning Equipment • Food & Beverage Lines • Material Handling • Shop Air Supply • Spray Systems • Vacuum Lines • Water Feeds
Fittings & Clamps
Hardness, Shore A ±5
Tensile Strength, psi
Elongation at Break, %
Max. Operating Temperature
VARDEX, with its steel wire reinforcement coil, is specially suited for applications where resistance to kinking is of primary importance. A proprietary construction technique employed during the manufacture of VARDEX permits full vacuum capabilities (29.9 in./Hg.) for all sizes without hose collapse.
Constructed of clear, corrosion-resistant PVC, VARDEX can be used to transport various chemicals in areas with tight turns and sharp bends. Its bend radius is approximately four times the I.D.
For easy identification, VARDEX is imprinted with the trademarked name.
|Working PSI |
|1400196||.625 (5/8)||.906 (29/32)||.141||100||2.5||19.8|
Standard coil length is 100 ft. Add length suffix to part number when ordering.
Example: 100 ft. of 2″ I.D. x 2.382″ O.D. hose is part number 140 0406-100.
Working pressures are calculated from burst testing using a 3:1 safety factor. Application testing is recommended.
Cut coils are available; charges apply — call for details.
ID is the critical dimension for fittings application.