Platinum Cured Braid
Reinforced Silicone Hose
- Platinum cured for the highest degree of purity
- Open mesh polyester braiding incorporated within walls of silicone offers increased pressure capabilities
- Finished product meets USP Class VI requirements
- Raw materials meet FDA requirements per FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 for use with food contact surfaces
- Listed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF-51) for food equipment materials
- Odorless, tasteless, and inert
- Able to resist extreme temperature variation: -100°F to 400°F
- Reusable and will withstand repeated sterilization^
- Free of BPA, latex and phthalates
- Kink resistant yet highly flexible
- Translucent natural color for visual contact with the flow
- Manufactured in a controlled environment
- Excellent weatherability properties to resist UV, ozone, gases, moisture, and extreme temperatures
- RoHS compliant
Biomedical • Blood & Fluid Handling • Dialysis • Food & Beverage • Health & Beauty • I.V. Administration • Laboratory Uses • Personal Care • Pharmaceutical Processing • Surgical Feeds & Drains
Fittings & Clamps
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Liner
Hardness, Shore A ±5 - Cover
Tensile Strength, psi
Elongation at Break, %
Tear Strength, Die B, ppi
Modulus at 100 %, psi
Brittle Temperature, °F
Max. Operating Temperature, °F
The construction of SILBRADE PLATINUM involves a liner of silicone elastomer, an open polyester braid reinforcing layer, and a covering of silicone elastomer. The braid reinforcement allows for increased pressure usage over unreinforced silicone tubing. SILBRADE PLATINUM contains no plasticizers.
SILBRADE PLATINUM’s surface properties resist encrustation and will not support bacteria growth. It is nonreactive to body tissues and fluids.
Care is recommended in the selection and application of fittings and clamps as sharp barbed fittings or unlined metal clamps could tear into the hose wall, possibly leading to hose failure.
^SILBRADE PLATINUM should not be used for steam transfer or continuous steam operation. Steam-for-sterilization is the only recommended exposure to steam. If exposed to repeated steam sterilization or long-term high temperature or pressure, silicone will eventually become gummy. It should then be replaced.
SILBRADE PLATINUM is supplied in individual, heat-sealed polybags.
SILBRADE PLATINUM is not recommended for implantable or in-body uses or for continuous steam applications.
|Working PSI |
|2921023||.250 (1/4)||.500 (1/2)||.125||140||Natural||7.7|
|2921044||.375 (3/8)||.625 (5/8)||.125||140||Natural||10.2|
|2921065||.500 (1/2)||.875 (7/8)||.188||105||Natural||21.1|
|2921086||.750 (3/4)||1.125 (1-1/8)||.188||90||Natural||28.7|
Sold by standard length (50 ft). Add length suffix to part number when ordering. Example: 50 ft. of 1/4″ I.D. Silbrade Platinum is part number 292 1023-50.
Working pressures are calculated from burst testing using a 3:1 safety factor. Application testing is recommended.
ID is the critical dimension for fittings application.
All custom products are subject to minimum order quantities and lead times. For other custom options, please contact us.